I listened to the podcast, “The Pillar Life” back when they were releasing episodes. (If you haven’t listened, I’d strongly suggest you start from the beginning and give it a try.) Sheri Salata, from Oprah fame, and her bestie Nancy Hala turned me on to Dry Farm Wines in episode 67.
In my past, I’ve loved wine but over the past 15 years it just hasn’t agreed with me. It dries me out and gives me a headache. So as I listened to the owner of Dry Farm Wines explain what has been happening in the U.S. wine industry, it only makes sense.
To keep this post short, here are the facts I learned:
- Fifty-two percent of today’s American wine is manufactured by only three companies.
- The wine industry has a large lobby effort to keep the ingredients of wine off of the wine bottle label.
- There are currently 76 additives F.D.A. approved for wine making (56 in the EU).
- U.S. wine alcohol content has been steadily rising in the last 20 years.
- Only five hundred wineries in the world, make natural wine.
Benefits of clean wine:
- No disruptive sleep
- No hangover
- Better taste
- Sugar free (< 0.15g/glass)
- No sulfides or sulfates
- Clean, active buzz
- More enjoyment!
I have drank the ‘Kool-Aid” (or in this case wine). So last Thanksgiving I ordered a case of Dry Farm Wines and have enjoyed these so much. It’s time to make another order. Also, check out the wine app I really enjoy and discussed in my previous post, Cool Apps I’m Diggin’.
If you try natural wines, let me know your experience.